Sunday, June 19, 2005

intresting news: A Wireless World, Bound To Sockets

A Wireless World, Bound To Sockets
Washington Post (Link may need free registration)
Sunday, June 19, 2005; Page A01

Intresting article.
It said that an average modern person brings about 5.5 power eating gadgets... How much do you bring around?
Let me see what I have with me...
PDA
Camara... built into my PDA
Computer... just what my PDA is used for
MP3 player... also built into my PDA
Electionic dictionary... also covered by my PDA
And mobile phone.

Hm...
That means that if I buy everything seperately, I would have 5 seperate gadgets with 5 heavy chargers. However, I only need to bring one for my PDA, while my phone has a battery life of a month. Sometimes it's good to have a convergence device :)

And yeah, I did sit on the airport floor next to a socket last summer for a quick battery charge. And I did notice that at Osaka airport, there was and army of guys with Apple powerbooks, forming a whole line along the wall, one or two next to each socket.

No comments: