Thursday, January 13, 2005

Year in review~me in 2004

(Late post because of my exams, but now it's winter break, my long posts are back again^^)
Last year was really a big year for me. Many things happend, and I really had an intresting year. Although not a happy year, but it's a year I'll remember for the rest of my life. Here are a list of events that I remember from 2004.

>first half year:

  • Finnal exam of freshman's first semester. Found out that collage isn't any easier then highschool, but tougher.
  • Got to live in the dorm, first time living away from home. Got hooked one to the blazing fast web connection speed of the dorm.
  • Got a new computer for my dorm, now I can do whatever I want with my computer without asking other users of the family.
  • Got a swimming pass.
  • Started to get involved in activities. (eg. 杜鵑花節, 生科之夜/lifescience night) Did a lot of handcraft for plays and display.
  • Did a play in Chinese class.
  • Started to ask a girl out, but didn't succeed until summer. (What, never did this before collage? Yeah, I guess that is late from american standerds, but oh well, I live in Taiwan, though)
  • Assembled a frog skeleton.
>summer:
  • Got a WIFI card for my PDA, the begining of my "net everywhare life". Found out that there are hotspots almost everywhere in Taipei, although most are encrypted.
  • Went back to the US, but didn't did much. Found out that it's still hard to find WIFI hotspots in the south California suburban area.
  • Got involved in our department's "newcommer's welcome camp". Designed games, and stuff. Camped by the coast on a stormy, rainy, muddy, windy, wet-wet-wet-day, with a typhoon near by, soked many things. But I've already had experience camping prior to a typhoon though, no big deal. It was really fun.
  • First date ever!!
  • Second date: first time to a movie with a girl^^(but, no more since than)
  • Started this blog!!!
>Second half year:
  • Turned Sophmore!!
  • Got a dorm room again, this time a cleanner room.
  • Got into the cycling club, biking about.
  • Also got a taste of the badminton teem of our departmont, but quit soon.
  • Got Gmail!!
  • Took a class on immunology at the medical departmont, decided that this might be what I'd want to do research on in the future.
  • Got to goto 龜山島, a tiny island of the coast of Taiwan, were daily vistor numbers are limited.
  • Found out that the girl I liked was really just a friend...
One more thing... I resisted the desire of buying any new gadget and sticked to my clie PDA and black and white screened cell phone. Thanks to my clie NX73, over 90% of the new gadgets on the market seemed so lame :) (it was like: wow new color phone...what? 4096colored tiny color screen? that sucks. Or: wow, harddrive mp3 player...what does it do? play music only? never mind.) Still nothing does more then a clie, and most new phones are sophisticated and ugly. And I just can't stand a color screen about 1/3~1/4 the size of my clie's 320*480 screen.

Well that about closes the book on 2004 for me. In 2005, I guess I'll focus on school work and biking. Although I still haven't ever had a girl friend in my life, but boy is it tiring thing about someone 24/7, and since more and more of my classes are going to be for our own department(with classmates I know well), I doubt that I'll meet another girl in collage. And I won't have that chance in graduate school 'cause I'll be in the US, with far less Taiwaness people there. Oh boy, I'll be single for the next 10 years. It'll be a decade for me to concentrate on science.

No comments: