Sunday, October 17, 2004

Thought: Learning in this age

Just got a thought...

when you have questions on your studies
there are always those guys with photographic memory
who can give you an answer to your questions right away

But when ever people come and ask me
I'd usually say
"Wait, I guess I've saw that some where..."
or
"I think I know where to find the answer..."
once I learned something
I don't remember a lot of stuff in detail
but I remember where to find it

wonder which is better?
knowing where to get what you want? or photographic memory?

but of course, I can only play my trick in this age...
I mean, if I live in an age without libraries or google
I'd certeinly be trash...

2 comments:

roast said...

trash!?i don't think so.
there are few people with photographic memory aroud us.
maybe they have extraordinary memory, while they are pretty weak at comprehesion, according to "Scientific American."
i think knowing HOW to get the answer to the question is even more important than being able to memoreize whatever u learned, especially in the era of knowledge explosion. Thinking independently is also indispensable.
well... libraries and google are the trend destined to happen, and thanks God, i live in the times.

Anonymous said...

You've got an intresting point.
But still, my compliments to the guys with incredible photographic memory.
And hurray for the info age!
In this age we can use technology to compete with those guys.