Monday, October 18, 2004

Great boost of free e-mail space

Since Google came out with the ultimate G-mail beta
which provides 1Gig mail storage for free
it suddenly became every free e-mail provider's pain in the ass
and then there was a big frenzy of free storage space up grades
first it was Yahoo mail, which grew from 5MB(or 6? I forgot) to 100MB
then Hotmail, from 2MB(or 3? I don't use Hotmail, I'm not sure) to 250MB
And then all along G-mail is still in beta
So thank Google for making other companies provide better service ^^

Alright, now what surprises me is that
with no hype, no publicity,
My Netscape mail is silently upgraded from 5MB to 250MB!!
And Netscape mail's site still says 5MB!!

Which reminds me of my Yahoo mail upgrade
Yahoo mail users of the whole world got the upgrade in about early July (I guess)
While Yahoo Taiwan said we should wait till the end of August.
When I saw the news, I was a little mad at first (since I also use a Yahoo Taiwan account)
And I logged on Yahoo mail to check
What I found was some kind of glich or something,
but I got the upgrade just as fast as the users in the US
while all the other friends using Yahoo Taiwan's mail was still stuck with single digit MBs!!

Although I don't have a G-mail invitation
I guess I'm always the lucky ones who get the early upgrades (lol)

But really, I rarely use more then 7MB of my Yahoo account (which I use the most)

No comments: