Monday, April 14, 2008

[GradAppの3.5SP] Schools and research areas

為何本篇標為"3.5SP"呢?因為是第三篇的supplement。上篇說到在此公開說出我對各校的細部批判不太好,就簡略寫一下研究方向好了。

* A school strong in one area doesn't imply it's weak in other areas. This sometimes depends whither I am looking carefully in that area or what the program is using as their selling point. My point of views are of my own observations and may not be the exact truth, while I only list the schools I know enough to figure out their areas of strength.
* I use the word "central" to mean THE place I would choose if I want to work on a certain topic.
* Area & school pairs are only in the order they popped up in my mind.

---

Virology central: U Penn, Baylor College of Medicine, U Wisconsin (only hear about this school, never checked)

RNAi central: U Mass Med

Pharmacology: U Penn

Molecular Bio & Bio Chem: UT Southwestern

Gene therapy: U Florida

Aging studies central: UT Health Science Center San Antonio

Primate studies: Southwest foundation (part of UT Health Science Center San Antonio)

Emerging diseases & Arthropod related tropical diseases: UT Med Branch Galveston

Cancer central: MD Anderson Cancer Center (part of UT Health Science Center Houston)

Amazing Interdisciplinary collaborations: U Alabama at Birmingham

Structual Biology & Yeast: Stony Brook (close to Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory & Brookhaven National Laboratory)

Biotech & Industry: UC San Diego

No comments: