Saturday, January 06, 2007

Grad school applications

So glad to say that all applications are finally submitted.

Now on I have to keep track on the process if every thing is properly received, and hope to get interview notices soon.

Interestingly, favorite application targets change. At first, I hope to stay in California so I could stay with friends and family, but now, from a research topic perspective, UPenn and U of Pittsburgh is my favorites due to their great selection of viral labs. I can choose to work on almost any virus I please at UPenn, and the group that discovered Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus (KSHV), which is one of the most interesting viruses to me, is at Pittsburgh (what a surprise!). As for the 4 UC's, they don't have as much viral studies, so I need to aim on specific labs. And, U of Washington, which I previously assumed to be a safeshot, turns out to be one of the top research institutes... So, turns out that I didn't chose any safeshots, I am either getting to be a one of the best, or failing completely. Isn't that exciting??

No comments: