Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The first reply

Quote:
" I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to graduate study at the University of California San Francisco."

Okay, 1 dead, 7 to go.

Actually, UCSF's program doesn't focus that much on virology, thus it's not the best choice for me. However, this is like a reality check, and it reminds me this:

1. I've got crappy GPAs, and not that good GRE scores. Other then that, I have no special experience nor rewards to report. Yet I only applied for the top schools, where the competition is most fierce. At first I thought only U Penn is the top choice, and other are OK; but I realised later on that all of them are top schools, way to late. Thus, due to my stupidity, my chance of getting an admission is not very high.
2. I still haven't got any idea of what to do if I was rejected by all of them. Do I try for another year? Do I try to find a job in biotech? Do I change courses, and get any job I could get in any field? One thing for sure, job less and without an admission in the US feels like a vegabond far away from everything that I've known.

I usually do not believe in my luck, since it usually sucks, but PLEASE, PLEASE, let my luck be a little better in this critical year of my life, when I am is this incertainty.

No comments: