Sunday, October 08, 2006

What to love in life

Sure, life sucks, and sucks badly. But there should be something to love in life, and I thought: "what in life do I love most?" I'm sure to most people, there should be some name of someone special as the answer. However, in true geek fashion, this is what came to my mind:

My Sony Clie TH55 handheld (some people call it a PDA...)
It's beautiful, lightweight, goes where ever I go, shows me the news, and plays my favorte tunes. But best of all, it does everything I expect it to do, and does it smoothly and fast. Since PDAs have limitations to what it can do, I once thought I would like a MacBook better then this. But turns out my MacBook is heavy, overheats, shuts down automatically, and some 3rd party software does freeze from time to time. While my MacBook auto shuts down, and my PC is going sluggishly with frequent crashes, my TH55 has already showed me today's news, while playing great music with that. While all my computers, PC or Mac have problems, my TH55 runs crash free for weeks.

The 2nd best thing in life should be my bike. It take me to amazing places with no need for gas, and no additional pollution for me to breath. It's in second place because the derailers screw up from time to time, and you have to take care of it a lot.

Is there anything else in life to love other then these 2? I hope so. But as life sucks badly, I haven't found anything else, yet.

No comments: