Wednesday, May 06, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I saw this last friday, why writing about it this late? I'm kinda busy, kinda lazy, I guess...

I never liked the other X-men movies, they were much better in the TV cartoons as I remembered. But this one is all about Wolverine, my favorite character back in the time; and all my friends are going; and I don't have anything better to do that night, so why not?

Well, I'd say this. The previous X-men movies were boring, guys in funky tight suits discussing irrelevent stuff, I once saw it on a flight while channel surfing, watched for 10 minutes and decided it was so boring that I wanted to kill my self.

Now this Wolverine movie is light years better.
Action packed? You got it.
Entertaining? Definately.
Wanna see it again? No.

Will, yeah, you get flashy special effects, sound effects were kind of gimmicky, and Wolverine sure is popular. But wait, how about the story line? No, I am not going to spill the beans here 'cause there's not much to spill. The story is dead simple, kill, kill, kill, and save the princess. Yup, your typical boy's cartoon story plot formula.

About 20 minutes into the story I started to realize it was the conventional formula, so I started to look for something else to focus on. And as soon as the iron claws showed up, I got my eyes glued to it.

Wow. Just wow.

Wow...... looks like plastic claws with metallic paint, yup, just like that cheep silver colored electronic you get from Walmart 5 years ago. How did they made the "plastic claws" so life like? after deep contemplation, I decided it's because real iron ware would be so shiny that it'll show reflections of the surroundings. In the movie, the reflections were only specifically drown on there in close-up shots. Other then that, it's all shiny, in a fake, plasticky way. I am sure doing the reflections all the time would shoot up the animation cost at least double what it was, but I just can't help it, my brain was shouting "Plastic! Plastic!" through out the last 2/3rds of the movie.

So what's good about this movie? Well, it's nice if you really have nothing else to watch, or if you love plastic... Girls seemed to like the leading actor...... now what, it this a chick flick?

Whatever, not my cup of tea.

No comments: