Thursday, September 20, 2007

Switching...

I sent my newly bought old car to a repair shop to get some old parts changed. The planed 2 hour change turns out much longer then expected. They somehow screwed up and started debuging some weird behavior of the car's wiring... Now the car which I drove in without a problem is rooted in the shop for more then 24 hours.

If this $3400 old car can't even survive under my ownership for over 1 week, then I guess I am TOTALLY FED UP with this crappy sophisticated technology. I am going back to bikes for local transport. At least I know bikes in and out and can fix 80% of problems if I have the right tools and parts. There are not as much overpriced proprietary parts, no need to worry about all those fluids except chain lube, and best of all there is no worry about traffic jams, parking space, gas price and air pollution.

As for long distances, good thing we have trains around here. And there is also car rentals.

Modern transportation has evolved for decades, I expect them to be trouble free, not life wasting.
If car manufactures still can not do this, then die they should. I no longer have any sympathy for the big 3 in Detroit.

---Aftermath...---
It's all fixed after a 3 day overhaul. The car is now very quite, no more shakes, and drives almost as smooth as it's new. Alright, I changed my mind.

No comments: