Wednesday, September 05, 2007

iPods updated

Apple just renewed their whole iPod lineup.iPod nano

Shuffle: Just new colors, easy as that.

Nano: Added video and new UI, but it's grown FAT. I like how Engadget puts it: "It's the fatty!!!" I hate fat gadgets, so I'll pass on that.
See what I mean on the photo to the right?

Classic: The original HD driven iPods got a sub-name: the classic. Nano style metallic case (I like the plastic style better), new UI, bigger hard drive memory space and price drop. It basically looks like the new nano, yet without the "fat" look.

Touch: The rumored phone-less-iPhone is now official. Same iPhone like UI, lockediPod touch out mobile Mac OS X, coverflow, touch screen, WIFI+Safari browser. Yet just as it's starting to look like a good PDA replacement, it stops there. No 3rd party applications (an off line news reader like Avantgo is a must for me, as you'll never get WIFI when you're on a bus or train), no speaker (can't share music with others, and can't use as an alarm clock), and naturally, no alarm clock application. Also, no address book application. Alright, no speaker kills the deal. Good thing my Sony Clie TH55 is still going strong, and I take pride in that the iPhone has a design that looks just like my TH55, feels like I am using the grand daddy of the most hyped phone on earth :)

My TH55:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

in fact, according to my obversion, the new iPod nano does not become fat, but shorter!!with the screen slightly gets wider...above let the new iPod nano look like a fatty baby~~

intellidryad said...

It is shorter. Doesn't that contribute to the fact that it's "short and fat"?

That's the worst scenario if it's a guy. Good thing it's not...
:D