Saturday, April 14, 2007

Photo webalbum switch to Picasa

So Zoto has closed their free accounts, including mine.
I originally went to Zoto because they provide a free 1Gig photo space. Now they say that they are giving better functionality, unlimited space, but no more free accounts. Thus, good bye Zoto.

Luckily, Google's Picasa web albums came just in time. Originally, Picasa only has 200MB, which I could fill up in 2 biking trips, thus I didn't use it. Just as Zoto started charging, Picasa bumped up to 1gig, turning into the perfect substitute to Zoto, just in the right time :)

Thus, here's my new web photo site at Picasa!
But, still, I am keeping my free account at Flickr. I will use Picasa whenever I exceed my 200MB/month upload limit. A loose rule is that cycling trip photos goto Flickr, while non-cycling multi day trips goto Picasa because these trips easily produce batches larger then 200MB.

No comments: