Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mac software for bio-scientists!!!

I was recently reading MacNN on my Clie with Avantgo, and came over a report on a new software called Papers, which is a software to organize scientific paper pdf files in a database, just like in iTunes. Just what I was looking for! Just downloaded it and will be giving it a try :)

By the way, the site it self is amazing. I was really happy to see another bio-scientist who is also a Mac lover. Best of all, there were many other software other then Papers, such as 4peaks, which analyzes DNA sequences; EnzymeX, that helps you plan restriction endonucleus digestions (complete with the buffer requirements, reaction setup calculator and everything you could imagine needed); and even an RNAi designer. Other then that, there's many interesting wallpapers avaliable for download, pictures of pipettes, tips, tubes and confocal pictures of cells.

It's always exciting to know someone with multiple interests that complies with your own. I wonder if I'll ever get to know someone who likes viruses, mobile gadgets, Mac computers, business stories, cycling, traveling, Japanese culture, coffee and web designing. If that person ever shows up in my life, I guess we'll be really close friends :)

No comments: