Thursday, August 04, 2005

Finally found some meaning in my life

Have been pretty down for the past year.
But now, after a month doing experiments in a lab, I guess I found just what I'd like to do for a living: doing research. Actually, I'd be looking forward to this day since elementry school, but never expected I'd be so attracted, excited with and enjoying these lab work that seem to be constructed by a bunch of highly repetitive work. However, once you know about the whole big picture, make sure what you're doing, what's your approach, what's your goal, the whole thing sort of sucks you in. Every failures and success, no mater which, makes you more excited with the whole thing. It's all about tackling problems, finding one, pinning it down and conquering it. Failures are not set backs, but rather clues to what you should try next. You find a stratagy, try it refine it and slowly close in on your goal. Even that part of taking notes and organising your progress is an exciting jorney through a new world waiting for your discovery. By just focusing on the experiments, you get to forget all your worries and woes of other parts of your life. Lab work entices your adventurous sprit.

So now, research as a carrier, cycling as a sport, guess that it for my future life^^

No comments: