Friday, July 22, 2005

WTF, Docs2go kept loosing data!

I've been using docs2go on my clie to take notes on lab work.
Today, it kept quiting it self without saving everytime I open another application.
I guess I reentered some stuff for more then 3 times.

Then, the sad part.
As I just said, I reinstalled the OS on my desktop. So my docs2go desktop app is reinstalled, too. A first sync today right after the reinstallation, loaded 3 duplicates of my labnote file on both my desktop and my clie. But it also restored all 3 duplicates to where I stoped last week. That means a DATA-LOSS of A WEEKS worth! Holy shit!

Alas, I reentered all of what I can remember, but some data are lost forever. but the part that I entered over 3times today is partly documented elsewere, and I remembered every bit of the part that's not documented, thanks for the mutiple inputs that make me memorise them...

CRAP.
I don't think I should sync docs2go anymore, since backing up files doesn't require the mess of syncing.

No comments: