Sunday, July 03, 2005

The movie of Narnia in the works!

Just found out that the classics of C.S. Louis are being filmed into a new movie, with the first of the 7 parts, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, comming out this Christmas. The director is Andrew Adamson, who directed the Shrek series, and like the Lord of the Rings, it's filmed in New Zealand(with some parts in Cezch). The effects and sceneary in the trailer are beautiful and ashtonishing, reminding me once again of The Rings trilegy, and yes, the creatures are almost like what I expected them to look like when I read the stories. Since there are 7 books in all, I guess this would be yet another sequel series just like Herry Potter and the Lord of the Rings. However, I'm already sold when seeing the trailer on apple's quicktime movie directories, and really think this is a movie to be excited about. Also, I'd really like to see how they interprited the story. I'd really hate to see another movie that does as bad a job at story telling as the Herry Potter movies, which had a lot of the important info stripped out.

By the way, if you haven't read the book, read it. Although a child's book, it's still a masterpiece.

As for the trailer, see it here.

No comments: