Thursday, May 17, 2007

Vaio TZ | Building on 10 years of technology

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Sony's Vaio series computer sells in Japan, the newest update of the ultra slim T series was announced today.
次の写真へ
It's thinner, yet the DVD drive is still there. The beautiful design of the cylinder shaped battery bay with the power button on the side was brought back from previous models, and farther refined. And the weight is just about 1Kg. And of course, the better specs, such as a choice of 32GB flash memory in place of a harddisk; Intel's newest generation of the Core2Duo family; a better screen with more vivid colors, and much more.

What surprised me the most is the newly designed keyboard. It's got separate cubby (may I say eraser like?) keys floating out from a lower surface: how very MacBook like. I've saw on Wikipedia that this kind of keyboard design looks like the "chicklet keyboards" of more then 20 years ago, which has not shown up in computers for a long time. This design was the main reason that I considered the MacBook much better looking then the iBook G4, and consequently led to my purchase of my Mac. Seems like Sony is now getting on the going retro bandwagon. Yet, with making the base under the floating keys glossy, Sony farther refined this design and made it more like a work of art. They claimed that it looked like "stones on water". How very zen like...

Great, I am once again clamoring over a beautiful keyboard... This beauty definitely looks much better to me then my MacBook, as I always liked Japanese style zen like designs. Yet it's much more expensive then a MacBook, and my MacBook haven't even passed it's first year, which mean I should stick to it for at least 2~4 years to come. Maybe I'll get a Vaio TZ if someday I have money to get a 2nd computer.

No comments: