Sunday, May 27, 2007

Celer Actin...


Since my bike model: Merida MTA510 is getting more and more popular, it's more common on the streets of Taiwan. Good thing it's still hard to find one that looks totally the same as mine, since mine's an early model, with a gold/black paint that's not available anymore. Yet I still wanted to make my bike feel more "uniquely mine". Many people personalize by sticking on stickers of various parts brands, but that seems too commercial, and not very personal. I felt giving my bike a name would be cool, so here I go, and went writing the name on with a felt-tipped pen. Doodling on my bike sure is the way to go!

Many names went through my mind, such as that of fast animals or the like, which are all too commonly used on kids' toys. Then I thought, to make it special, I should put in some special sauce of my studies: Biology jargon. For speed and energy, the closest thing would defiantly be muscle related stuff or metabolism elements. Thus I went with the muscular protein: Actin. Then I looked up a Latin dictionary for the equivilant of rapid, and found: "celer". Thus there I got a name: "Celer Actin".

To top it off, and for fun, I topped it off with a label "ATP loaded", to "provide" the energy source need for actin activity :)

No comments: