Monday, May 07, 2007

Postbac programs?

Nature | The places in between
I was just flipping through a copy of Nature at the library, this time not for research papers, but for job listings. And I came upon this interesting article. So there are programs for people (like me) in the gap between graduation and grad school, so called "Postbaccalaureate" programs. You prepare for grad school applications while having the full time lab experience before hand, and best of all, with pay. My hopes went high for a split second, as I excitedly opened my MacBook to look it up.
...
Okey, so the application deadlines are long past, just as grad school applications. And with the NIH program, only US citizens graduating from US universities can apply. Great, yet another chance turns moot.

Arrrrrrrrg!

Now what? Pester every herpes virus PI that I can find with email?

No comments: