Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The new sony walkman E series- crippled badly

It was so shinny, it looks like a fragrance bottle, it's so beautiful that you want to own it.
But it's a sony, arn't they notorius for not playing MP3s?
Sony has opened up and it supports MP3s, they tell you.
So it's great, ...
Wait, it's still crippled even if it supports MP3s!

Here's why:
I went to their Q&A site for those walkmans, and this is what I saw:

1.Can I use my own USB cord?
No.
(from what I know, a sony USB cord for PDAs costs about 30USD, what if this one costs the same?)

2.How do I charge?
Plug it in with the supplied USB cord.
(What if I'm on a trip without a computer?

*+?!...)

3.Can I see my music on it with the "exploror"in windows?
No

4.Can it record music?
Use sonicstage.

5.Can I delete songs on it?
No, use sonicstage.

6.Can I change songs titles on it?
No, use sonicstage.

7.Can I load songs on to it with the "exploror"in windows?
No, use sonicstage.

So everything is tided to sonicstage. In fact, that Q&A is unneed, since you can just replace it with one simple sentence: "Answers to all questions are No."

You wanna sell me a crippled sonicstage slave? Eat my shorts!

---

This is it, I'm staying with my Clie as my main MP3 player.

No comments: