Sunday, April 24, 2005

Ok, iPod are getting cheap :P

I once thought that iPods are expensive, as I said in a comment of a previous post.
But today, at Costco, I noticed that they are selling both the Toshiba Gigabeat 20GB and the iPod photo 30GB, with the iPod carrying a price tag that is about a buck or two cheaper than the Gigabeat.

Here's the prices:(well, I don't remember the actual numbers)
iPod photo 30GB: about 11200NT
Gigabeat 20GB: about 11800NT

Hay man, the iPod has 10 gigs more, for a lower price!
And compare that to the Sony Walkman HD3(Taiwanese version, supports chinese): about 15000NT (that gameboy looking thing hasn't shown up in stores yet)
and the Japanese version of HD3: 12000NT, while both only has 20gigs.

Guess the "expansive days" of the iPod are over. Maybe I should put the iPod back into my consideration list after all.

No comments: