Monday, April 18, 2005

Finally found THE MP3 player, and it's not a sony

All right, just found this, from Toshiba:
The Gigabeat F series (cnet taiwan review | engadget report )

touch pad, good looks, USB on the go, big color screen and a reasonable price.
almost did well everything sony did wrong with their walkman HD
The only draw back is the battery life of 16hr compared with sony's 20+
(the 30hr they claimed is just for ATRAC3, not MP3), but hay, I can live with that.
just compare that with this:
which one looks better? I don't think there is anything to argue here.
I, would not want to hold that gameboy looking thingy on the streets.
I was once a Sony fan, but after they droped the clie and then lost the edge with walkmans, I'm turning.
Besides, walkmans don't support Chinese traditional ID3 tags, no color screen nor USB-otg, AND BOTH SONY &TOSHIBA HAVE THE SAME PRICE.
So, I'd go for the "more for the buck", with the same high quality you'd expect from most major Japanese companies.

I'm saying bye bye Sony unless you come up with something just as good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy an ipod
btw if you keep changing songs it drains your batteries a lot.
I change songs a lot and my battery life is half of whats listed.
the quoted battery life is only for straight play, not song browsing.

-frank

intellidryad said...

There's many things I don't like of the iPod, though.
First of all, I'd like something more special, not something everyone has. There's something different between "wow, what's that?" and "yet another iPod".

Second, I like a metallic casing rather than a white plastic casing.

And, for almost the same price, although you get the same harddisk space, but you get an extra color screen with the Toshiba.

But, there's a wild card here...I guess I'd need a whole year before I can save up to buy one, so, maybe there'll be something even better by then :D

intellidryad said...

Thanks for your tip on battery life, though.
I guess it'd be the screen draining extra juice if you keep changing songs.
So, maybe it'd be good to stick with random play, huh?

Anonymous said...

power drain is from spinning up the micro drive
flash players = not an issue

I'm working in van nuys after I graduate. Fun huh?
frank

intellidryad said...

Hm...
van nuys
Is that a high school(as from google)?
Sounds intresting, but can't get a clue where that is from their site.