Monday, February 19, 2007

8 day family trip to Japan

Just came back on Saturday. OK, it's been a while already. Why post so late?

Well, I was tired and lazy on Saturday, uploaded the photos the next day to Zoto.com (I wish I could upload them to Flickr, but a free account doesn't allow up loading 288 photos within a month...). OK, so now I was waiting to post the photo link. Uploading about 300MB's worth of photos took hours. And then Zoto's site went down (interestingly, Flickr's site is also down, now...). So I waited until Zoto's site is alive again, and that is now, finally, whew!

Here's the link to my photos, enjoy the sunshine, the crows, the sea, the dears, and much more of southern Japan.
http://intellidryad.zoto.com/user/cat_summary/CAT.15

Oh, yeah, the details of my trip?
I went to (in order):
JAA flight to Kansai (関西) airport, connection fast boat to Kobe (神戸) airport, JAL express flight to Kagoshima (鹿児島).
Then we went to Sakurajima island (桜島) which is next to Kagoshima, and toured the Kagoshima city also.
It's then another JAL express flight to Osaka Itami (大阪 伊丹) airport, then a bus to Kyoto (京都).
After that, it was train back to Osaka (大阪).
And train to Nara (奈良).
Subway around Osaka, then train to Wakayama (和歌山).
Finally a train to Kansai airport and another JAA flight back.

May I say all plane tickets were free from JAL's mileage bank campagn? :D

Stories? See if I'm in the mood and have that much time, I've got an awful lot to tell.

---

Oh, yeah. Seems like Zoto is switching to a paid subscription only business model next month. And I don't have the money to pay them the fee each year. So that photo link is valid till next month only.
Good bye to my free photo space... T_T (I haven't found any other site where I could upload more then 300 MB of photos in one day...)

No comments: