Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dreams of the future

Life in the near future still comes in various possibilities. I admit that I am someone who likes day dreaming, and to the point that I would be logging it here.

I guess 2 factors affect my projections greatly: my job determines what I do, and relationships define my lifestyle.

First of all, it comes to my grad school applications, if I am accepted, I would be devoting most of my life to scientific research. It's pretty much what I have been trained to do in the 4 years in college. If I am rejected by every program, then I will be finding a job, maybe a biotech sells, or something related, jumping into a totally new way of life. I am now working on the way to grad school, hope I could succeed, yet predict that I would have a 60% possibility of getting admitted, and a 40% possibility of jumping into the employment market.

The other main aspect is love. Actually, I predict a 90% possibility of staying single into the next few decades. In that case, other then my job, I would be focusing wholely on my self. I would be geekier then ever, devoting most of my income to "tech toys", think Honda, Sony, Apple, Cannondell... Maybe even get a small condo of my own, furnish it up with style. The other 10% possibility? I have no idea, yet as a guy, of course I really hope to have a soul mate to share my life.

No comments: