Sunday, September 24, 2006

ARRRRRRG! SOP!

SOP General outline

What and why I want to study at grad school

  • Simple introduction or what in my life pointed me toward my intrest in this field of research
Experiences in the field
  • College experiences relevant to my intrest
  • Research experience, what I learned from them, the responsibilities I had, who I worked for. How I think this research experience is relevant to my research field of application
(Short comment on GRE or GPA scores, explain)

Future goals
  • Goals in grad school, what I hope to learn, and why I am confident to be successful in grad school.
  • Why the program in question is a good choice for my career goals, what is especially appealing about the school/program to me. (change this according to the school/program in question)
  • Mention what type of work I wish to do after grad school, list the possibilities. (focus on the program in question)
Summarized from all the outward links from the Wikipedia entry on SOP.

No comments: