Saturday, December 04, 2004

Thoughts: Absorb.Reform.Evolve...

The slogon of my blog: "Absorb.Reform.Evolve" is actually my resolution apon going to collage.
When I was a freshman, I tried to stick to just that. Because once in collage, you've got freedom, so learn as much as you can, what ever you want; and you've grown up, so reform, change and throw away the unmature, childish stuff. And then evolve into a better man when you graduate. I thought I was always afraid of this and that, giving my self too much limits, so I also wrote down a quote from Goethe: "Plundge boldly into the thick of life", as a memo.

After almost a year and a half in collage, I guess I didn't do very well, according to my "freshman's resolutions". First of all, I've still been too cautious, still losing many great oppertunities. Second, trying to live a more meaningful life, indeed I changed a lot, but my grades are slowly going down. I've got to try to balance school grades with play. Third, I put most of my time on play, web surfing and studying, leaving no time for additional book reading. Like, we've got a huge library, but you haven't read even a tiny part of the books, what the hec are you doing?

Alright, I've still got lots of stuff to improve on and lots of lessons to learn. Lots of stuff to learn more about, on my studies, on life, on love, on relationships...

1 comment:

roast said...

life is learning while we may not learn all of it in the limited lifespan.But as long as we work hard on some particular stuff and went through the obstacles within them,i think its worht being proud of urself.