Monday, January 07, 2008

最近は......

It's been some time since I last posted about my self lately.


DSC02245
Originally uploaded by intellidryad
I made a trip to LA right before Christmas and really had a nice time. Got some really great photos, which I originally planned to use to write about the trip. Yet, I am not in the mood of story telling at this time, so, anyways enjoy the photos:
Santa Monica
Getty Center, LA
Got some really nice photos of sea gulls at Santa Monica. I guess I have improved slightly (since the last time I went) on making the decision of what to capture, and when. So I've got birds in flight this time around.

The Holidays were spent with family, and then got infected with the flu from the kids of cousins, so that was that.

Next on it's grad school interview after interview. What a difference from last year. I like it how one of the program chairs said to me: "This phone call is to let you know you are invited to our interview, go celebrate for a while, and I'll tell you the details next week!" Well, other then happy to be half way in the admission door, it's exciting because I get to meet many other wonderful scientists, because I get to let others know how exciting my previous lab works were, and also because I get to travel to several different campuses and cities, and I really love the feeling of traveling around. No matter how funny and interesting the anime on ニコニコ動画 is, no matter how pretty the scenery and girls are in those anime, they could never hold a candle to the diverse beauty of real world travels.

Most of all, I am happy that my non-productive, time-killing, sitting at home days are almost over; I am jumping out of the intron of my life genome, and back onto the exons!

No comments: